
I'm happy to announce I've accepted an invitation to serve in the Peace Corps! Don't worry I know what you're thinking....what? No way? Wait, what's Peace Corps again? Here's a breakdown for ya! Peace Corps is a volunteer organization run by the United States government that sends US citizens to participating countries who request technical assistance in different sectors such as education, community economic development, health, agriculture, environment, and youth in development. I will leave the United States to start my service in late January of 2018 and I will be traveling to Myanmar to live and work for 27 months. My official job title is Secondary Education English Teacher, so basically I will be an English teacher for middle and high school students. For those that don't know I have wanted to be a Peace Corps Volunteer for a while now and after two rounds of applications, multiple resume and motivation statement revisions, and a somewhat terrifying Skype interview, I was FINALLY extended an invitation. In the coming weeks, I will be writing several blog posts detailing the application process, where exactly I'll be serving, and the current medical and legal clearance process I am going through to prepare for my service. But for now, I wanted to officially share the good news with the rest of my family and friends! My hope is that this blog is a least somewhat interesting and informative about my experience in the Peace Corps and serving in Myanmar! So I hope you enjoy it!
I'll be posting monthly updates up until my departure date and I'd love for you to subscribe to receive updates! Just enter your email under "Want Blog updates" to the right or bottom of this post!
Oh and I'm trying out this Instagram thing so follow me
@pcvkellyinmyanmar! Shout out to my awesome big sister and her husband for taking pictures for my website! Check out her photography business
here.
No comments
Post a Comment